MUSC Malta takes your privacy seriously. We are a “controller” of the personal information that you provide to us and this privacy notice sets out how, why and for how long we will use your personal data, as well as who it is shared with. It also explains your legal rights as a data subject and how to exercise them.
What we need from you
When you register as a member of MUSC Malta or renew your membership (including if you are registering or renewing on behalf of a young person aged 16 or under), we may ask you for some or all of the following personal information:
- Contact details – e.g. name, address, email address, and phone number.
- Date of birth – to calculate membership category and eligibility for events and courses.
- Equality information – sex, gender, disability, ethnic group and religion.
- Language preferences (Maltese or English).
If you do not provide us with all of the personal information that we need this may affect our ability to offer you our membership services and benefits.
Why we need your personal information
We need to collect our members’ and customers’ personal information so that we can manage your relationship with us. We may use our members’ personal information to:
- Provide you with core member services, including confirmation of membership, membership card, end of season renewal.
- Organise club activities and manage risk and safety
We also process our members’ personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
- Provide you with news and updates about the activity of the club, opportunities to get involved in club projects or other events.
- Raise awareness of the club’s activities by capturing photos, videos, or live streaming at events. We will use this for promotion purposes.
- Respond to and investigate your questions, comments, support needs, complaints, concerns or allegations.
We are under a legal obligation to process certain personal information relating to our members for the purposes of complying with:
- The Data Protection Act (Cap. 586 of the laws of Malta) and all subsidiary legislation.
Other uses of your personal information
We may ask you if we can process your personal information for other purposes. Where we do so, we will provide you with an additional privacy notice explaining how we will use your information for these purposes.
Who we share your personal information with?
When we register your membership with MUSC Malta, we do not pass on your personal data to any other third part, including our sponsors. Your personal data will only be used to promote our activities and these communications may contain details/promotion of our sponsors.
We may be required to share personal information with statutory or regulatory authorities to comply with statutory obligations. We may also share personal information with professional and legal advisors for the purpose of obtaining advice.
Third party suppliers with access to members’ personal data
The MUSC Malta may use third party suppliers to provide services. These suppliers may process personal data on our behalf as “processors” and are subject to contractual conditions to only process that personal information under our instructions and protect it.
In the event that we share personal information with external third parties, we only share such information strictly required for the specific purposes and take reasonable steps to ensure recipients shall only process the disclosed personal information in accordance with those purposes.
- Developers/hosts that provide our membership database.
- HSBC- Malta
- PayPal – for renewal of memberships and online purchases.
- Mailchimp distribute some of our email communications. Their servers are based in the US and they uphold the EU Privacy Shield to certify their data security.
How we protect your personal information
Your personal information is accessed by our Committee members only for the purposes set out above. Your personal data is transferred to MUSC Malta by inputting it directly into a password-protected database or emailed via a password-protected spreadsheet.
How long we keep your personal information
You have a right to:
- Change your communication preferences or restrict the processing of your personal data for specific purposes.
- Request that we correct your personal data if you believe it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Access the personal data that we hold about you through a “subject access request”.
- Request that we delete your personal information.
You can contact us at [email protected]a.com for further information or clarifications.